STANDARD TERMS and CONDITIONS OF HIRE
All Applicants must complete the Booking Application Form. All applications are subject to management committee approval and to the Applicant accepting the following conditions which must be signed and returned with the booking form and payment. (If you are unable to print these terms and conditions, please ask for a copy at the time of booking)
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIRER TO ENSURE THAT THESE CONDITIONS ARE ADHERED TO
- The Hirer will, during the period of hire, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the care of the building, the contents, the facilities and car parking.
- For Public Events the Hirer must provide a Responsible Person over the age of 21.
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility for maintaining good order at all times, and shall not permit drunkenness, nor activities which are obscene, offensive or likely to cause damage or injury.
- The Hirer undertakes to repay all costs incurred by the Hall in repair of the building, car park, the repair or replacement of fittings, fixtures and equipment, through damage and or loss caused during or as a result of the hiring.
- The maximum number of persons accommodated within the Hall will not exceed 100 seated and standing.
- All Exit/Fire exit Doors, Passageways and Fire Fighting Equipment must be kept free from obstruction at all times. Fire doors and serving hatch must be kept closed when not in use.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining a Bar Licence if required. For Community Events the Village Hall Committee can assist by providing a bar serving Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks. The bar floor serving area should be protected from spillage at all times.
- At the end of the Hire Period the building must be left clean, all equipment must be put away and kitchenware and utensils washed and put away. The Cookers must be cleaned if used. On leaving the hall, overnight and at the end of the hire period, all internal and external doors and windows must be closed and locked closed.
- The Hirer must, for Public Events, read and abide by the regulations appertaining to the Public Entertainment Licence. A copy of the Entertainment Licence Regulations is displayed on the hall notice board. The Hirer must record the number of persons attending a music and dance event in the book. An approximate number of attendees will be required at the time of booking.
- All party bookings will be asked to pay a returnable ‘no damage and good order’ bond of £100. If no damage occurs this bond will be refunded to the Hirer. If damage occurs in excess of the bond, the Hirer shall indemnify the Committee as in paragraph 4. Note: hire fee applies at time of booking in order to confirm booking.
- All electrical items must be switched off (except the Fridge/Freezer). Please check All rooms to ensure water taps and appliances are OFF. All lighting and heating must be turned off.
- If the Hirer leaves the hall uncleaned, dirty or in need of cleaning, the Committee have the right to issue an additional charge of £40 minimum to cover cleaning costs.
- There is plenty of cleaning equipment under the sink or in the storage room including brooms, mops and vacuum cleaner. Please take care with the wooden floor when cleaning.
- The keys can be obtained by contacting the bookings secretary.
- SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE INSIDE THE BUILDING. Anyone wishing to smoke outside, please use the sand bucket for butts.
- Use your own linen if possible. There tea towels in the kitchen, if used please leave them under the stainless steel sink for laundering.
- Chinese lanterns and fireworks are not permitted on the Hall property.